top of page


last will and testament picture

Estate Planning: 


Tony DiPaula and Carolyn Evans work with their clients to prepare an estate plan that works for them.  We discuss to titling your property to avoid probate, what taxes might be due when someone passes, and the unique challenges faced by small business owners in transferring a business when they pass.

A basic document that everyone needs is a Will.  If you do not have a Will, your property may be distributed in an unexpected way. 

For example, if you are married and have minor children, your spouse will share your estate with your  minor children.  Not an outcome most people expect or want.

The most common estate planning documents are:

  • Wills

  • Powers of Attorney

  • Advance Medical Directives

  • Trusts for Minor Children

  • Special Needs Trusts

  • Life Estate Deeds



We assist with all facets of estate administration.  We can help you decide if a small or large estate is needed, and whether the simpler modified administration is appropriate.  When your loved one dies, we will work with you to prepare and file the paperwork necessary to have you appointed Personal Representative, then help you administer the estate, including dealing with claims and creditors, selling the property of an estate, and coordinating with an accountant to ensure all tax issues are resolved and returns are prepared and filed.   We also represent beneficiaries to ensure that their interests are protected through the probate process.


Will Contests/Caveat Actions:

Elderly and disabled people are often targeted by those who take advantage of them.  Sometimes this results in assets being transferred, beneficiaries being changed and wills being prepared in a way that benefits the person taking advantage of them.  Caregivers, friends and even family members often manipulate elderly and disabled people in this way.  If your loved one made changes to his or her will, deed and/or financial documents before he or she died to benefit such a person, we can discuss your situation and determine if you have any recourse.


Contact Us

Thanks for submitting!

bottom of page